Royston Cycling Club – Data Privacy Notice
Following the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) directive in May 2018 the club has reviewed its responsibilities to secure and protect its members’ personal data. This document provides you with information about how Royston Cycling Club (RCC) is handling members’ personal information.
RCC is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and complying with the principles of applicable data protection laws. This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
When you become a member of or renew your membership with RCC you will be registered for an online account with British Cycling (you do not need to become a British Cycling member). We will provide British Cycling with your personal data which they will use to enable access via a username and password to an online portal for you (called My Dashboard) on the British Cycling website. British Cycling will use your personal data in accordance with its Privacy Notice which can be accessed at https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/staticcontent/info–Privacy-Policy-0. British Cycling will contact you to invite you to sign into and update your dashboard (which, amongst other things, allows you to set and amend your privacy settings). If you have any questions about the continuing privacy of your personal data when it is shared with British Cycling, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the relevant legislation this means that British Cycling are considered the Data Controller of your data and therefore has primary responsibility for compliance with data protection legislation including GDPR providing such data is used solely for the purposes of running the club or any event or activity organised by the club. In this relationship RCC is therefore considered the Data Processor.
However, irrespective of how legislation defines the respective roles of Data Controller and Data Processor RCC are committed to respecting your privacy and your personal information both during and after your membership with us. This notice therefore outlines how we comply with the law on data protection and what your rights are.
Your membership information we process will include some or all of the following:
- personal contact details such as name, title email addresses and telephone numbers;
- date of birth;
- membership start and end date;
- records of your interactions with us such as telephone conversations, emails and other correspondence and your instructions to us;
- payment details you provide so that we can receive payments from you and details of the financial transactions with you;
- use of and movements through our website and forum including passwords, personal identification numbers, IP addresses, user names and other IT system identifying information;
- emergency contact number;
How we collect your information
We typically process personal information about our members when you apply to become a member of the club via the British Cycling website (please see above); when you purchase any services or products we offer; when you make a query and/or complaint or when you correspond with us via e-mail or in some other way.
If you are providing emergency contacts they have a right to know and to be aware of how and what personal information we hold about them, how we collect it and how we use and may share that information. Please share this privacy notice with those of them whom you feel are sufficiently mature to understand it.
Uses made of your information
The following describes the main purposes for which we process your personal information:
- to administer the membership you have with us and manage our relationship with you,
including dealing with any payments and any enquiries made by you;
- records of your interactions with us;
- to send you information about events and initiatives organised by the club for the
benefit of its members including any club newsletters;
- to answer your queries or complaints;
- for the purposes of promoting the club, our events and membership, images in video
and/or photographic where you have given us your explicit consent to do so;
- to administer your attendance at any events you sign up to.
How long do we keep your personal information?
For three months following expiry of your membership
Your rights in relation to personal information
Amongst others you have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used;
- the right to access the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances;
More information about your rights
More information about your legal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/.
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us by using the details set out in the “Contacting us” section below.
Changes to this notice
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. When we change this notice in a material way, we will update the version date at the bottom of this page. Where required by law we will seek your consent to changes in the way we use your personal information.
In the event of any query or complaint in connection with the information we hold about you, please email email@example.com
Version dated 11th September 2018